LAMP is a community — a community of learners from twelve different colleges and universities. We are unique because we share a single instance of Sakai, the open-source collaboration and learning management system. From the LAMP community, our members receive significant collaboration and substantial savings.
The LAMP consortium is comprised of twelve small private liberal arts colleges and universities located across four states. The consortium is financially self-sustaining; membership covers the cost of the technology, hosting, faculty development workshops, support, and much more. Membership in LAMP provides an institution with access to:
- The latest version of Sakai learning management software
- Hosting of the system with super-redundancy
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 support
- Plagiarism detection software
- Live video conferencing with VOIP and dial-in
- Free summer faculty development workshops
Read about how we won the Mellon Award for Technology Collaboration here.